When YouTube is not working, you will be frustrated easily especially you know that it is the largest platform of video in the world and biggest company in the world. YouTube is the platform where every minute more than 400 hours of content is uploaded and even more during some occasions. So, basically they have fastest servers to provide you best and fast loading of video on mobile, computer and other devices. When something goes fail like servers, internet connection or any other device, you might experience YouTube is not working dialogue. This is common error and it is easily solvable. So here are the solutions to solve the problem.
Table of Contents
- Solution 1: Restart your device (All devices)
- Solution 2: Check internet connection
- Solution 3: Clear cache and data (for android)
- Solution 4: Clear cache and data (for browsers, Google chrome)
- Solution 5: Check date and time (on android)
- Solution 6: Check date and time (on Windows)
- Solution 7: Update YouTube app
- Solution 8: Update Google chrome
- Solution 9: Turn on Java script (Google chrome)
- Solution 10: Check extensions (Google chrome)
Solution 1: Restart your device (All devices)
This is the first try to solve the error. But, it really resolves lots of YouTube complaints instantly. Try restarting your device and see if it helps. Because, restarting a device cleans lots of error on the RAM and Memory also clears some temporary cache. So trying a restart of device will worth it
Solution 2: Check internet connection
- First check that you are using mobile data or wireless connection or other broadband like cable or fiber broadband.
- If you are connected to wireless network, check that wireless routers have an internet connection or not. Restart the router.
- If you are using broadband connection, than check if that broadband (router) has internet connectivity. Check cables and indicators.
- If you are using mobile data, check that you have sufficient high speed data to play YouTube videos. Check if there a sign connectivity sign is showing or not like 4G, 3G EDGE or only G. If there are no symbol is showing on your mobile device, restart your device, turn on mobile data and check again.
Solution 3: Clear cache and data (for android)
Clearing cache and data will solve lots of errors. But it will clear downloaded video also so do with caution.
1. Open settings from menu or home screen.
2. Go to apps.
3. Find YouTube app and open it.
4. Now, tap on storage. ( it will differ to android versions)
5. Now, tap on clear data and clear cache.
6. Restart your device.
Solution 4: Clear cache and data (for browsers, Google chrome)
1. Open Google chrome browser.
2. Click on menu icon (three vertical dots) near the account picture.
3. Now, click on history.
4. Now, click clear browsing data.
5. And click clear data to clear all history, data and cache from your hard disk.
Solution 5: Check date and time (on android)
This is common error occurs when your device hasn’t correct date and time. Because of this, Google servers will have trouble for syncing data with you.
1. Open settings.
2. Tap on general management (this will differ from device to device).
3. Now, tap on date and time.
4. Now, tap on automatic date and time to turn on.
Solution 6: Check date and time (on Windows)
1. Right click on the time and click adjust date/time.
2. Now, under set the time automatically slide button to right side to turn on.
Solution 7: Update YouTube app
If you are using outdated version of the YouTube app, than you may face YouTube issue. So try to update app from play store and check the problem.
Solution 8: Update Google chrome
If you are using outdated browser, you will easily face the issue. So wise choice is update your browser and check the error.
In the recent version of Google chrome, follow the steps.
1. Open Google chrome, click on the menu located top right corner.
2. Now, click on help > about Google chrome.
3. It will check automatically for updates and installs it.
Solution 9: Turn on Java script (Google chrome)
1. Click on the menu (three vertical dots) and click on the settings.
2. Now, click advanced.
3. Select content settings.
4. Now, click on the java script.
5. Now, enable it if disabled.
Solution 10: Check extensions (Google chrome)
If you have installed any extensions that may interfere with YouTube please disable extension and check for the problem again.
So, here are the all solutions that will fix YouTube problems easily. In rare cases you have done all solution but not resolved the problem so that will be a problem from Google server side not probably from your side. So wait for some time and check for the problem again. For more safety update your android operating system time to time also update windows operating system too. For some rare case of errors in YouTube, try removing whole browser and reinstall browser again and check the solution. For more fine solution, disable the VPN software or service.