Your connection is not private Error can be caused by internet connection, Google chrome itself, Wi-Fi sign in problems, extensions etc. In rare cases the error can occur because of inaccurate of date and time. So, online security and privacy is in your hand and your job is to save and protect yourself from attacks. If the connection is not secure or private, anyone can see your data so here is the solution to solve Your connection is not private error on Google Chrome easily.
The easiest solution is reconnecting to the internet.
Table of Contents
- Solution 1: Reconnect with the Internet
- Solution 2: Check Date and Time
- Solution 3: Clean browsing data and cache
- Solution 4: Disable Extensions
- Solution 5: Check proxy settings
- Solution 6: Change your DNS
- Solution 7: Resetting IP Address
- Solution 8: Reinstall Chrome
- Solution 9: Change Advanced Sharing Settings
- Solution 10: Update Windows
Solution 1: Reconnect with the Internet
1. Disconnect from Wi-Fi access point or pull out LAN cable and reconnect to Wi-Fi and re-insert LAN cable.
2. Now see if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Check Date and Time
In all cases, the browser sends the packet data with date and time attached to it, if the date and time is incorrect than this problem can occur.
1. Right click on the time and date and click on Adjust date/time.
2. If you are connected to internet, slide button to right to set time automatically.
3. If not connected to internet than insert date and time perfectly.
Solution 3: Clean browsing data and cache
1. Open Google chrome and click on menu button and click on history.
2. Now, on the left side panel, click on the clear browsing data.
3. Now, tick on browsing history, download history, cookies and other site data, cached images and files and hosted app data.
4. Now, click clear data.
5. Restart your browser and see if the problem solves.
Solution 4: Disable Extensions
1. In the browser, click on the menu and go to more tools > extensions.
2. In the extensions window, disable all the extensions and restart your browser.
Solution 5: Check proxy settings
1. Open settings by pressing Windows+I.
2. Now click on Network & Internet.
3. Click on the proxy.
4. Under automatic proxy setup, disable use setup script and use a proxy server.
5. Now, reconnect with the internet and check the error.
Solution 6: Change your DNS
1. Right click on the windows and click on network connections.
2. Click on change adopter options.
3. Locate your active internet connection like Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
4. Right click on it and go to properties.
5. Now, double click on internet protocol version 4.
6. Now, click on the use following DNS server addresses like set preferred DNS server: 22.214.171.124 and alternative DNS server: 126.96.36.199.
7. Click OK and reconnect your internet connection and see if error solves.
Solution 7: Resetting IP Address
1. Open command prompt as administrator
2. Type ipconfig /release and press enter.
3. Now, type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter.
4. Now, type ipconfig /renew and press enter.
5. And at last type netsh winsock reset and press enter.
6. Close the command prompt and see if the problem solves.
Solution 8: Reinstall Chrome
1. If you have done above step and still facing the issue than the last thing is uninstall chrome browser and install it again.
2. Press windows key and type add or remove programs.
3. Now, look for the chrome and uninstall it.
4. Reinstall it by downloading a new version from Google chrome website.
Solution 9: Change Advanced Sharing Settings
1. Press windows key and type network and click on network status.
2. Click on sharing options.
3. In private profile, turn off network discovery and turn off file and printer sharing.
4. Do same in public profile and re-connect to internet.
Solution 10: Update Windows
1. In some rare cases, windows files are old and this error comes on. So updating windows will save you from this error.
2. Press windows key and type updates, click on check for updates.
3. A new window will open, click on check for updates.
So the conclusion is that this error is caused by incorrect settings or internet problems. In rare cases there will be problem with windows files. Most of the time, this issue is resolved by doing above solutions. Use a good antivirus program to save the computer from attackers because the attacker file can change settings on your computer and thus this error occurs.