Here I found 12 essential Windows 8.1 tips and tricks that helps to make your work easy. By using these tips and tricks you will increase your Windows 8.1 productivity. Windows 8.1 is the latest operating system from Microsoft and there are lots of new features in Windows 8.1. But, most of the people use Windows 8.1 commonly and are not aware of various tips and tricks of it. So if you do not have the full idea to use any OS or you do not know anything about the trick about it then it’s not good.
So, today in this post I will give you some tips and tricks of Windows 8.1 and so you can try and start using that tricks as tricks are most useful to us to make our work easy and soft. So, let’s start.
How To Update Windows 8 to Windows 8.1
1. Goto settings → change PC settings → Windows Update → follow instructions(Restart device) → install the system update.
2. After installing the system update, you can now open the Windows store and then download Windows 8.1.
12 Essential Tips for Windows 8.1
1. Homescreen Customization
Long press the tiles to change its size by four different options. You can also make the groups and arrange the tiles in it and can also give the name to the group by just tapping on “Name Group”, when it asks.
2. Default app setting
- Goto settings → change PC settings → search and apps → Defaults → make changes as per your wish
3. Start to the desktop
- You can bypass the start screen by following steps.
- Click on desktop icon→ right click on taskbar → properties → select “Show my desktop background on Start.”
4. Wallpaper settings
- Goto settings → change PC settings → Personalize → make changes as you like.
5. Take pictures without entering the password (From the lock screen)
- From the lock screen, you have to swipe down from the top to take a photo without entering the password.
6. Multitasking Features
- You can carry on your 4-8 tasks at a time in a single screen by making partitions. You have to just press and hold down any window and drag it to one of the partition to run that window.
7. Hot Corners
- By moving the cursor from left to right will open charms menu.
- By moving the cursor from right to left will take you to the previous apps.
- You can disable them by going to settings → PC settings → PC and Drivers → Corner and Edges → Turn corner navigation off.
8. Autoupdate settings
- Goto app store → select settings by swiping towards left → app updates → turn “Automatically update my apps” ON.
9. Search with a trick
- Just goto start screen and start typing.
10. Save to SkyDrive
- You can save your documents and photos to SkyDrive.
- Open settings → Change PC settings → SkyDrive → turn “Save documents to SkyDrive by default” ON.
11. How to turn Hands-free mode for Food & Drink app
- In the Food & Drink app, open any recipe and tap “Hands-Free Mode” at bottom. That’s it. Now you have to just swipe your hand facing the front to see the next page or the step.
12. Picture Password Activation
- To turn on Picture Password, goto settings → PC settings → Users → Under Sign-In option, select “Create Picture Password” → You can choose any picture from your PC and can keep Picture Password.
If This Post Helpful for You, Then Follow Me:
Recommended Post: 14 Windows Tips And Tricks You Should Know.