System restore of windows 10 is to restore system in previous state. It means that if any problem happens in your system than you can restore it by system restore. It saves settings, system files, registry, applications, and drivers in a place. Basically system backups a good clean state as a backup so you can restore it afterwards. It is useful when you accidentally deleted system files, accidentally change a settings and you forgot about it so don’t worry there always will be a way to restore it. So here are the steps to use system restore on windows 10.
Note: If you have not enabled system restore in windows 10 than first enable system restore by doing below steps.
Table of Contents
How to Enable System Restore Point on Windows 10?
1. Right click on this PC and click on Properties.
2. Now, click on system protection.
3. Now, click on C: Drive and click on configure.
4. Click on turn on system protection
5. Adjust max usage.
6. Click OK and it will start backup.
How To Use System Restore on Windows 10?
1. Press Windows key and type Recovery and open it or type rstrui.exe in run.
2. Now, click on Open System Restore.
3. A new window will open, click next.
4. Now, select a backup and click next.
5. It will show drives which will be restored so verify it and click on finish.
There is another way to Restore Windows 10 by doing image backup. So, let’s backup an image first.
How to back up an image of windows 10?
1. Press Windows key and type backup settings and open it.
2. Now, click on more options.
3. Click on See advanced settings.
4. Now, click System Image Backup.
5. Now, click on Create a system image.
6. Now, select a backup location and click next.
7. Now, it will show you that which drives will be backed up and verify that it is C: drive only.
8. Click next to start backup process.
Note: If you installed some software or other programs on other drives, than that drives also backed up in system image so be careful to do a system image. Make sure that image is backed up on the external storage you can save it from data loss. But you can do backup on the same hard disk too.
Using System Restore Point When Computer Cannot Boot
1. Your PC will trigger automatic repair or if it fail to start in three attempts, you will get repair screen.
2. Under advanced options, click system restore.
3. Log in to your account if it asks.
4. Click next.
5. Now, click on latest system restore and click next.
6. Now, click finish to restore the system.
So, system restore saves system files, settings and other logs to restore system to previous state but system image backup whole drive and saves as an image to storage. To prevent data loss store image to an external drive. System restore uses more storage space so adjust it by the slider to max usage. On the system image, if you have installed programs on other drives too, than that drive also backed up by system image process so be careful during this process.