After I solved Bluetooth problem and store app problem in windows 8.1, Today I fascinated another search option problem in Windows 8.1. When I’m trying to search anything the error shows up “something went wrong with your search, and it’s taking too long to complete it. try searching again”. Also In search there are also broken inbuilt apps like Messaging, Calender etc.
Table of Contents
Recommended Windows 8/8.1 Solutions:
- Solved: Windows 8.1 Installation Error 0×80070004
- Solved: Store App Not Working In Windows 8/8.1
- Solved: Bluetooth Device Not Working In Windows 8.1
- Solved: Bluetooth Device Not Working In Windows 8
- Solved: Wireless Bluetooth Mouse, Keyboard and Headphones Keeps Disconnecting In Windows 8
So after take some hours to solve this problem finally I founded the solution for this problem. There are Index error in search. But don’t worry I will give you a FIX to solve this problem easily. Please follow simple steps to solve this issue.
FIX: Search Not Working In Windows 8.1
Open Task Manager (Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc).
Now Find “Microsoft Windows Search Indexer”, right-click on it and click on “End task”.
Now Go To “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search” and you will see folder name “Data”. Now Delete “Data” folder.
That’s it, you can check Search after done above process. If you have any question about this problem please comment below or you can also Submit your problems and questions on ask.wiknix.com.