DNS address is like phone book of internet. DNS is used to convert host names or domain names to ip address so you can access web. But, when sometimes DNS address not found from your local computer, it can cause DNS Address Could Not Be Found error on browsers like Google chrome. So, without DNS, you can’t access the web. So resolve the problem there are some solutions listed below.
Table of Contents
- Solution 1: Reset router / Reset mobile data
- Solution 2: Manually enter DNS address (android/Chrome)
- Solution 3: Run Network troubleshooter
- Solution 4: Refresh DNS address from command prompt
- Solution 5: Reinstall network adopter drivers
- Solution 6: Restart your android device
- Solution 7: Clear Cache from recovery on android device
Solution 1: Reset router / Reset mobile data
In most of the cases resetting router or resetting mobile data will resolve the problem. What you have to do is just restart the router. You have to completely power off the router and turn on again. For mobile data just turn off and turn on again. It will solve problem instantly. If it not solves the error check next solutions.
Solution 2: Manually enter DNS address (android/Chrome)
In most of the times manually entering DNS address will resolve the issue on both android and computer.
1. Open settings and tap on connections.
2. Now, tap on the Wi-Fi.
3. Now, touch and hold on your active network and tap on manage network settings.
4. Now, tick show advanced options, it will show full menu.
5. Now, under ip settings change it from DHCP to static.
6. Now, Under DNS 1 type 126.96.36.199 and under DNS 2 type 188.8.131.52.
7. Now save the settings and reconnect to Wi-Fi network.
For Chrome (PC):
1. Press windows key and type network status and open it.
2. Now, click on change adapter options.
3. Now, right click on your active Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection and click on properties.
4. Now, double click on internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPV4).
5. Now, click on use following DNS server addresses and enter preferred DNS server as 184.108.40.206 and alternative DNS server as 220.127.116.11.
6. And press OK, that’s it.
Solution 3: Run Network troubleshooter
1. Network troubleshooter can fix several issues with Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections.
2. Press windows key + I to open settings.
3. Now, click on update and security.
4. Now, on the left panel, click on troubleshoot.
5. Now, click on internet connections and run the troubleshooter.
Solution 4: Refresh DNS address from command prompt
1. Right click on the windows icon and click on command prompt (admin).
2. Now type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter.
3, This will reset the DNS address and fetches new address.
Solution 5: Reinstall network adopter drivers
If you have done above all solutions and still facing the issue you can reinstall network drivers.
1. Press windows key + R key to open RUN window and type devmgmt.msc and enter.
2. Now, in the network adopters, uninstall your network adopter (Ethernet or Wi-Fi) by right clicking on them and click uninstall.
3. Now, restart the computer, the drivers will get installed automatically. If you are using different type of adopters like gigabyte or any other, you can download drivers and install it.
Note: This will automatically install drivers only if you are using onboard Ethernet connections (Intel), if you are using different brands motherboards than manually download drivers from manufacturer’s site and install it.
Solution 6: Restart your android device
Restarting an android device will resolve this error. Just restart your android phone and reconnect to internet and see.
Solution 7: Clear Cache from recovery on android device
This is also a good way to solve some issue with internet. Just go to recovery menu and wipe cache and restart.
So here are the all solution may help to resolve the DNS error. Sometimes a latest OS update can do this error so uninstall any recently installed updates and restart, and see if it helps. In rare case, an inaccurate date and time can make this error. So correct date and time settings. If you are using VPN software than temporary disable it and try again.