Abortion pros and cons: Abortion is a termination of the pregnancy by the removal of the fetus or an embryo from the uterus. Abortion is done to not give the birth to the developing child. Before the birth of the child, the child is discarded from the pregnant women and that’s called abortion.
Pros of Abortion
- As per US supreme court, its fundamental right of a woman to choose abortion.
- It is the termination of pregnancy and not a baby.
- During abortion, the fetuses are not capable of feeling pain.
- Legally and professionally performed abortions decreases the cause of injuries and deaths.
- Anti-abortion beliefs are created by the religious beliefs and a law should not be made considering the religion.
- Modern procedures for abortion are almost safer than the older ones.
- As contraceptives are not available readily always, access to abortion is necessary.
- It provides the option for the couple to choose and not to bring the babies from the severe, danger and life threatening medical terms for the long term.
- The women with financial problems go through abortion.
- It’s not necessary that, after sexual intercourse the women must be a mother.
- Without the need(unwanted), a child should not be given birth.
- It controls the population.
- There is no huge relation between abortion and breast cancer.
- Crime reduces due to abortion.
Cons of Abortion
- From the moment of conception, unborn babies are human beings and have the fundamental right to live.
- In short abortion means the killing of a human being and that is not permitted by the god.
- The abortion procedure gives pain to the fetuses.
- Abortion is forbidden according to the Hippocratic Oath.
- Contraceptives should be used by the women to avoid pregnancy in place of abortion.
- Psychological damage is caused due to abortion.
- The number of adoptable babies decreases due to abortion.
- Genetic abnormalities based abortions are over discrimination.
- Instead of assisting the clients, the abortion providers concentrate for more money.
- The potential societal contribution of future human beings goes on eliminating due to abortion.
- The likelihood of future miscarriages goes on increasing due to abortion.
- The likelihood for women to develop breast cancer also increases due to abortion.