When you plugged in laptop charger and you see no charging sign at all. It could be a windows, battery, adapter, wall socket or wire issue. So don’t worry at all, we are here to solve the issue. There are more signs if it’s not charging like your laptop slowly getting more drained than before, look like more overheating, if you touch the adopter feels like overheating and burning smell coming, the wires are short-circuited or damaged, Constantly seeing charging sign but never get fully charged at all. So, let us fix the not charging issue on the laptop with windows 10 installed. Here are the solutions.
Table of Contents
Solution 1: Check the charging adapter
First inspection is checking the adapter.
- Check that is it fitted on the wall socket perfectly?
- Check the DC jack (pin) that is inserted into laptop.
- Check that if you are getting output from adopter or not.
- Check the adopter cable for any signs of damage or short-circuit or overheating or smells like burning inside it.
- If you found that there are broken components or damaged wires or burning smells coming from inside, change the whole adopter immediately.
Solution 2: Checking laptop for the charging issue (hardware)
First of all please check adopter for all the problems, after that head over to this solution. If you are experiencing low battery backup not charging than it could be an adopter problem or windows problem or battery problem.
- Check DC input port of laptop for any signs of damage.
- Check for the any overheating issue.
- Take out battery and look for any problems like swollen battery etc.
- If you find any of the problems, change that component immediately.
Solution 3: Checking battery for the charging issue
- Take out battery from the laptop; look for any problems like swollen battery, any burning like smells, any damages.
- Check battery connections.
- If you found swollen battery, damaged connections than replace the battery.
Solution 4: Remove and reinsert battery
This is the easy way to do. But, it fixed 50% of users problems.
Solution 5: Run power troubleshooter
1. It will fix the issue of the power settings.
2. Press windows key and type troubleshoot and open it.
3. Now, scroll down and click on the power and click on run troubleshooter.
Solution 6: Update battery driver
Updating battery driver may fix the charging issue if driver is corrupted.
1. Open device manager by pressing windows key and type device manager.
2. Now, look for the battery driver like Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and right click on it and select update driver.
3. Now, select search automatically for the updated driver software.
4. It will find latest drivers automatically and installs it.
Solution 7: Update BIOS (do with caution)
In rare cases, the BIOS get corrupted and battery not gets changed properly. So updating bios will fix this solution but do above solutions first. In this case, BIOS cannot interact with battery device so laptop thinks that battery is not connected.
Some laptop’s batteries are different and cannot operate without proper driver installation. So driver is necessary for these laptops. Some laptops can operate without battery drivers (temporary). There are some signs of battery failures that start coming before major problem. Like, overheating, staring to swell, low battery backup etc. Laptops batteries are dry cells. So it has a limited life span. They last only 1.5 year or little more. Laptop batteries can be charged limited times only. So if more than 2 year finished, than this is time to change the battery.