In windows operating systems when you start your computer, error shows that operating System Not Found or Missing Operating System. I have easy solution for that problem.The reasons are, your system partition is not active, BIOS (computer input/output) not detect hard disk, Hard disk is corrupted etc. I received this error on my own Dell laptops and so I tried to fix the Missing Operating System error and finally I fixed it. So follow simple steps to fix the operating System Not Found or Missing Operating System error on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows XP.
How To Fix Missing Operating System Error
- First find the windows OS (Operating System) DVD or bootable windows OS USB device.
- Attach Bootable USB or DVD in your computer.
- After step 2 using the function keys (F2, F12 and Delete) enter the BIOS setup.
- Then click on Repair Your Computer below the Install Now button.
- In Repair Your Computer Open CMD (Command Prompt).
- After open CMD type “diskpart” then type “list volume“
- In list volume, all volumes are shown, then find your system volume where the windows is installed and type “select volume ###“(system volume C) shows on CMD. Ex. select volume 3
- After selection of volume, type “ACTIVE“. Your system partition is active now. Type ”exit” to leave diskpart and again ”exit” to close cmd. That’s it now RESTART your computer.
The above solution of Missing Operating System error is working for me and it is working for many users too. So above solution is one of the easiest and working solution on the web. Hope it’s also work for you.