Microsoft Office 2013 has stopped working error occurs when you try to open Office 2013. I can’t start my Office 2013 application. This error also occurs when you open Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio, etc. The error says,
- Microsoft Office has stopped working.
- Microsoft Word has stopped working.
- Microsoft Outlook has stopped working.
- Microsoft Excel has stopped working.
- Microsoft PowerPoint has stopped working.
- Microsoft Publisher has stopped working.
- Microsoft Visio has stopped working.
So after arise above error I was trying to solve this error. Mostly these errors are occurring in Windows 8.1. These errors also occurs in Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, etc. but not more as Windows 8.1. There are many requests to solve this issue so I was trying many related things to solve this issue. So follow simple steps to solve this type of errors.
Before following below methods, first check your Windows is fully updated or not. If not, then update first, then restart your computer and try to launch Office 2013 application. If still receiving “stopped working” error, then follow below methods to fix this.
How To Fix Microsoft Office 2013 Has Stopped Working
Start all Office 2013 products in Safe Mode.
Press Windows Logo + R to open RUN and then type following commands:
- Type winword /safe and OK to start Word 2013.
- Type powerpnt /safe and OK to start PowerPoint 2013.
- Type excel /safe and OK to start Excel 2013.
- Type outlook /safe and OK to start Outlook 2013.
- Type mspub /safe and OK to start Publisher 2013.
- Type visio /safe and OK to start Visio 2013.
If Office 2013 not starting in safe mode, then there are problem related to add-ins. So first disable add-ins one time.
Disable add-ins one at a time.
Open Office 2013 in safe mode and click File → Option → Add-ins.
Then select an Office product in Manage lists and click GO.
Uncheck one add-ins from the list and Click Ok.
Restart office 2013 (this time not in Safe Mode).
If This Post Helpful for You, Then Follow Me:
Microsoft Office 2013 is a Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 product and it’s working like a charm, but many times there are problems with Add-ins and Office 2013 stops working. I also solved Microsoft Office Bootstrapper Error. So if above solution do not work for you then submit your problems on the Wiknix Forum for quick response from our experts or you can also comment below.