Kodi is a digital player that streams Movies, TV shows, Live TV, IPTV on windows, Linux, fire stick, Raspberry pi, android and Apple TV. So, updating the kodi will bring you the latest features, latest fixes, optimizations. So here is the step by step procedure on how to update kodi on different platforms.
Table of Contents
- 1. Updating Kodi within Itself (Firestick)
- 2. Updating Kodi within Itself on Firestick via File Manager
- 3. Updating Kodi on Android Phones via Google Play Store
- 4. Updating Kodi on Android Phones via Website
- 5. Updating Kodi on Android Box
- 6. Updating Kodi on Windows
- 7. Updating Kodi on Windows via Windows Store
- 8. Updating Kodi on Windows via Kodi Website
- 9. Updating Kodi on MacOS
- 10. Updating Kodi on GBox
1. Updating Kodi within Itself (Firestick)
- First of all launch firestick main menu and go to settings.
- Now, click on applications and click manage installed applications and select open kodi.
- Click on add-ons.
- Then select package installer (located at top).
- Now select install from repository and select kodi add-on repository.
- Now go to program add-ons and find or select kodi android installer or the file name of the latest installer package and install it.
- After installing, open android installer and click on the releases.
- Now, select Arm kodi release then choose Kodi-18.1-Krypton-armeabi-v7a.apk or the latest one.
- Downloading will start of kodi version 18.1 or newer version if available.
- After completing downloading a box will appear to ask you that install, Click install. That’s it.
And now you have the latest version installed on your firestick.
There is another way to install latest version of kodi via suitable file manager (es file explorer).
2. Updating Kodi within Itself on Firestick via File Manager
Note: You can use any file manager. I have used es file manager here.
- First, open firestick main menu and search es file explorer and then open it.
- Click on tools and then select download manager.
- Now, click on +new.
- Now type http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/kodi-18.1-Leia-armeabi-v7a.apk or http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm64-v8a/kodi-18.1-Leia-arm64-v8a.apk in path and press ok.
- After downloading, click open file to install on the firestick.
- Now go back to home screen and launch updated kodi.
3. Updating Kodi on Android Phones via Google Play Store
- Open Google play store and type kodi.
- Now, install it or update to the latest version if already installed.
4. Updating Kodi on Android Phones via Website
- Open kodi website tv/download
- Head over to
- Select ARMV7A (32BIT) or ARMV8A (64BIT) according to your supported platform.
- Now click on any of them and downloading will start.
- After completing download, click install to install it and launch it.
5. Updating Kodi on Android Box
Process of updating kodi on android box is same as android devices.
- Open browser on android box and type the web address tv/download.
- Now click on android.
- Now click on ARMV7A (32BIT) or ARMV8A (64BIT) according to android box version. It will start downloading after clicking on it.
- Now, go to downloaded applications folder and find the downloaded file and open it and install it. It will ask for update so click on update.
6. Updating Kodi on Windows
1. Open kodi and go to add-ons.
2. Click package installer (box type icon top left side).
3. Select install from repository.
4. Now, find and select kodi add-ons repository.
5. Go to program add-ons and then select windows installer and hit install button.
6. Go to main screen and then select add-ons → program add-ons → kodi Installer.
7. Now, click on the releases and select 32-bit or 64-bit according to operating system.
8. Select latest version and install it.
You can also download latest kodi version of windows from kodi.tv/download and install it.
7. Updating Kodi on Windows via Windows Store
1. Open windows store and find kodi and install it.
2. Here you will update kodi app to latest version automatically.
8. Updating Kodi on Windows via Kodi Website
In this solution you can download kodi directly from the official web site and install it to your PC.
1. Go to kodi website kodi.tv/download.
2. Now, select Windows.
3. Now, select installer 64-bit or 32-bit according to your OS.
4. After downloading install it.
9. Updating Kodi on MacOS
In this solution kodi version will be automatically installed after installing from the website.
1. Open internet browser and go to kodi.tv/download.
2. Now click on the Mac OS and click on installer 64-bit.
3. After downloading, install it.
10. Updating Kodi on GBox
Before updating kodi you will have to require downloading a file manager. We will use es file manager here.
- Go to Google play store and type and find es file explorer and install it.
- Now go to browser and type kodi.tv/download.
- Go to android and select ARMV7A (32BIT) or ARMV8A (64BIT) according to OS and click on it to download and install.
So above are the steps to update kodi on various operating systems. Updating kodi is necessary to get latest updates of fixes and patches. Advanced user can directly download from the website and install on the each operating system. Before trying to update uninstall old version to avoid error during installation.