Fixing Netflix not working or error on Netflix is easy to fix. Netflix is a company that allows you to watch or stream movies and shows on your mobile, iPad or tablet and computer. Like sometimes you watching movies, shows and suddenly Netflix stopped working, it is very annoying that you missed your favorite show or movie. Whatever device you were watching on, these solutions will fixes the errors easily.
First of all, Test your internet connection by these steps.
Table of Contents
- 1. Testing Internet Connectivity
- 2. Restart your phone (Android, iOS and iPad)
- 3. Reset Netflix App on iOS
- 4. Reset Netflix App on Android
- 5. Clearing Cache on Computer (Google chrome)
- 6. Disable VPN Software
- 7. Check Your Internet Connection for Streaming
- 8. Fixing Video Errors on Netflix
- 9. Fixing Audio Errors on Netflix
1. Testing Internet Connectivity
1. Open internet browser on any device and go to Google.com.
2. If the internet is working, you will not see any error. If you see an error than solve your internet connection problem first. Like, you are watching on Wi-Fi or mobile data.
2. Restart your phone (Android, iOS and iPad)
Restarting any device will fix lots of errors on phone and also app problems. So, it is worth to try restarting device.
3. Reset Netflix App on iOS
Sometimes, old cache will ruin the app and gives you frequent errors. So, try to clear cache and check the error.
Note: Resetting the app will delete your downloaded content.
1. Go to settings.
2. Swipe down and select Netflix.
3. Slide the reset toggle button to on position to reset.
4. Now, close your active session by double pressing home button and swipe it up.
5. Now, press home button twice to return home screen.
6. Now, restart Netflix again and see if error resolves.
4. Reset Netflix App on Android
On android phone there will be more cache and data than iOS device so clearing cache and data will fix the issue.
1. Go to settings.
2. Locate apps and open it.
3. Now, locate Netflix app and open it.
4. Now, click on storage.
5. Now, tap on clear data and clear cache.
6. Now, restart Netflix app and see if the issue resolves.
Note: Update Netflix from play store to latest version for more stability and new features.
5. Clearing Cache on Computer (Google chrome)
This is possible that some old cache files and data can make interference with your browsing experience on Netflix. Like, flash files, webpage data, video data, cookies etc.
1. Open Google chrome, click on menu button and hover to history and click on it.
2. Now, click on clear browsing data.
3. Click clear data to delete all cached images and files.
4. Now, try using Netflix again. Probably it will solve the issue.
5. Note: Update Google chrome to latest version for more fixes and stability.
6. Disable VPN Software
VPN software blocks you from high bandwidth and other network restrictions and functions so, try disabling VPN software and restart the Netflix app and see if error resolves.
7. Check Your Internet Connection for Streaming
Sometimes, your network doesn’t support streaming service, so try to ask your internet service provider that if it supports streaming service. Because some of the Internet service providers blocks some ports.
8. Fixing Video Errors on Netflix
If you are facing video errors like only audio is playing, video is shaking, black and white video, video tearing, video stuttering, horizontal or vertical lines etc.
- Try restarting device.
- Install latest graphics drivers.
- Check video adapter for any errors.
- Check screen or monitor for errors.
- Check VGA or HDMI or DVI cable or any other cable you are using. Try to change them.
- If you are using external GPU, try to inserting video cable direct to motherboard video port and see if problems solves.
- In the rare case, check monitor settings for any mistakes.
9. Fixing Audio Errors on Netflix
If you are getting errors like choppy sound, dull sound, only left or right channels are working, increased noise in audio, scratchy sound.
- Check your Sound drivers and update them.
- Check sound settings and reset them.
- Change your sound quality to 16bit from audio settings panel.
- Check audio cables for any damages.
- If you are using audio from HDMI, try to change cable and update drivers and try restarting device.
So, most of the errors can be fixed here, in rare cases, the errors are from the Netflix’s side, so try to reporting them errors. I most of the case error are fixed by clearing cache and data. But sometime there are old drivers installed in PC and thus updating them is the only way. Keep web browsers updated and keep Netflix android and iOS app updated to not face any bugs error are related to build.