Windows 10 safe mode is a state or starts windows in a basic state using minimal files and drivers. There are two types of safe modes like safe mode and safe mode with networking. Both are same but safe mode with networking loads network drivers too. That helps to connect to internet and other computers too. Safe mode is used to troubleshoot problems with drivers, hardware and windows itself. These are some ways to boot windows 10 in safe mode.
Table of Contents
1. Boot in safe mode using settings on windows 10
1. Press Windows key + I or press windows key and click on settings.
2. Click on update and security.
3. Now, click on recovery.
4. Under advanced startup, click restart now.
5. Now, click on troubleshoot.
6. Now, click on advanced options.
7. Under advanced options, click on startup settings.
8. Under startup settings menu click on restart.
9. Now, startup settings menu appears select 4 or press f4 to enable safe mode or press 5 or f5 to use safe mode with networking.
2. Boot in safe mode via Sing in screen
1. On the sign in screen, press shift + power button, and click on the restart. Windows will restart.
2. Now, click on troubleshoot.
3. Under troubleshoot menu, click on advanced options.
4. Now, select startup settings.
5. Now press restart under startup settings, windows will restart.
6. Under startup settings, press 4 to boot in safe mode and press 5 to boot safe mode with networking.
3. Boot in safe mode via system configuration tool
You can boot in safe mode via system configuration tool. This is also good and easy way to boot in safe mode. You can directly open system configuration via typing msconfig in search bar.
1. Press windows key and type system configuration and open it.
2. Now, select boot.
3. Now, under boot options, tick on safe mode.
4. If you want to boot in safe mode with networking, select or tick network and apply the settings and press ok to boot in safe mode.
Safe mode is easiest way to diagnose problems with windows, solving problems with software, diagnosing hardware, solving errors with files and services. Safe mode only load basic and core files and drivers, no other files or drivers are loaded in safe boot so you can easily find problems with software and hardware. Sometimes you can’t boot in safe mode too for some serious error so use the bootable media boot into safe mode. Sometimes some programs cannot be installed while running in normal mode so safe mode help to uninstall programs too. While removing viruses and malware safe mode plays important role.